Getting started!

After reading and stalking numerous blogs over the years, I finally decided that "I can do that"! So here I am entering the world of blog.  My husband and I are currently remodeling our 1996 two story detached, 3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, family room, dining room, kitchen builder grade home planted deep in suburbia. We built the home through my favorite local builder, "Dad".  It is a nice home, but after 16 years, it does not some updates.  This will be a first for us, see we never stayed in any home long enough to do any kind of repair work, etc.  We would move every two to three years, so the most that was ever done was a fresh coat of paint and move on. 

So, with that all said I'm going to try and capture all the good and the bad that comes with remodeling a home.  Oh, did I mention I have a very low budget to do this on.  $1,000 a room.  I know some people say, wow $1,000 that's a lot of money or maybe they are thinking, man your cheap.  Well, the older I get the cheaper I'm getting.  Oh, I love beautiful things, but I truly believe that you can have a fabulous home on a very small budget. That is what I'm going to share with everyone.  My budget ways of remodeling, redecorating and refurbishing items for my home.

My first project is going to be my dining room.  Remember I only have $1,000 to spend to transform the room.

Comments

Popular Posts