Getting there!

Slowly, we are getting things accomplished in our make shift kitchen.

Flooring looks good. It did take several good washings to get the film of haze off the tile.
Once completed it looks really nice.  You can't tell that it is tile unless you get close.  
I don't know anyone who is going to get down on their hands and knees to look at my flooring to determine if it is wood or tile.




Counter tops, coming along.
Lots of mineral oil was used to get the counter tops this color.
We purchased unfinished walnut butcher block counter tops from Lumber Liquidators.
They were the most reasonable priced and we could install ourselves. 




The counter tops were a hard decision for me.  I love the look of granite, but not the price.  Although, I think granite is beautiful it can sometimes make a room feel cold.  Formica brand counter tops are nice and they have a ton of color options available at your local home improvement stores.  I had Formica before the remodel so I didn't want that again.

Black walnut butcher block seemed the way to go for us.
You could also choose from cherry or oak butcher block.
We did have to special order the counter tops, but they arrived within 4 to 5 weeks.



These cabinets were the original ones from when we build the house.  
We are planning to close the top in. 
More of that process later.


Comments

Popular Posts