Kitchen plans!

We all have plans to redo, fix up, refresh or completely gut our kitchens.
I was one of those people.
My husband and I built our home in 1996.
I put a lot of thought into what I wanted in my kitchen.
Builder grade cabinets, formica counter tops, black appliances, etc.
I loved it! Thought it was beautiful.  Cherry cabinets, oak hard wood floors, black counter tops and black appliances.
I truly believe I spent more money on the appliances then anything else in the whole room.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share of the "old kitchen", but I want to share some of the work that my husband and I did together.

I put together my budget, $3,000.  That's it!  No more and no less.  

With that in mind I spent every weekend at Lowe's and Home Depot looking for bargains.
Our base cabinets had to be replaced for sure, uppers were optional on the replacement list.

So, with that in mind I set out to find cabinets.  I love the look of dark cabinets for the bottom and light for the top cabinets.  Have you looked at those prices!  Ouch, can't afford that.




So, I started looking at unfinished cabinets.  They are so bad.  Nothing a little paint couldn't fix.
That is the route we went on.  Unfinished cabinets with some sort of paint finish.






We started the project by tearing out the hardwood flooring, that my husband hated and I loved, and replaced it with ceramic tile that looks like hardwood.  At this point of the project we were without base basinets, no water in the kitchen, frig was in the family room, stove was in the garage.
We became grill experts!








Another view of the floor during installation.  




The finished floor.
Excuse those horrible cabinets, wall color etc.  The finished project is much better, trust me.

Comments

Popular Posts